Putting together a group of individuals for a a team relay run can be challenging. We know it is a big commitment and we also know the distances are a little longer than legs in other relays. But, we know you’ll find greater reward in pushing your limits and doing so with a group of friends!
- There are two team categories, 4 person and 8 person.
- Teams can run at a disadvantage, but will be scored in one of these two categories. Meaning, a team of 2-4 people can register, but will compete in the 4 person team category. 5-8 people can register as a team, but will be scored as an 8 person team.
- Teams of 4 can expect to run on average ~22 miles each. Teams of 8 can expect to run ~11ish miles each. However, as a team you can decide how to break up the legs and who runs what amount within the rules!
- You’ll have 10 exchange points, 4 of which will be fully stocked aid stations with a mini party going on! Waiting on your team mates has never been so much fun!
- A chance to experience a fun and unique race atmosphere with other crazy people…um, we mean “runners!” Light up/decorate your vehicle, run in costume, and in general, increase stoke levels to an all new high!
- See the Flint Hills in the most intimate way possible, by foot! More than that, you’ll cross multiple terrains as you journey from the Eastern Woodlands to the Flint Hills Prairie. Simply gorgeous!
- Give back to an amazing resource…a portion of each entry fee is returned to the Kanza Rail-Trails Conservancy for the maintenance and upkeep of the Flint Hills Nature Trail.
- This event, in thanks to your entry fee, also supports local organizations throughout the region who support and help out at the event.
Now that you’re convinced, where do you start?
- Establish a Team Captain
- Team captain’s will be responsible for registering first and supplying the ever important team name at time of registration.
- Team captains can see all members of their team, invite friends to join their teams, as well as easily email their entire team by copying everybody’s email
- Once the team captain has registered and established a team name, other members of the team simply need to register themselves and search for and select the team name.
- Get over to the registration tab and get your team signed up!
- If you have trouble or questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us via our contact us page.
Do you have 4 awesome running mates for the relay but can’t seem to round up another 4? We encourage you and your teammates to spread the word of your need for more contenders through your work, family, church, gym, social media, etc. If your team of 4 still can’t rally the troops, register your incomplete team and we will pair yours with another team of 4 at a similar level of competition.
Register as a 4 person team and select ‘yes’ when asked to be matched.
Note: we cannot guarantee that we can match all teams. In the event that you are not matched, you will be registered as a 4 person team.